The US Grant Direct Service 2022 is now open sponsored by Philafound Community Foundation offering Direct Service Grants for nonprofits serving high poverty and vulnerable populations.
Direct Service Grants are available on a competitive basis for direct-service nonprofits serving high poverty and vulnerable populations in our Greater Philadelphia region.
Organizations seeking direct service grants should demonstrate a strong history of effective programs that serve on behalf of vulnerable populations, strong management practices, sound fiscal performance, and strong leadership at the board and staff levels.
Organizations must support Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) and other historically marginalized and under-invested communities.
Requirement For All Grant Applicants
- Operating budget less than $10 million
- 501c3 IRS determinations letter for the organization or fiscal sponsor
- List of Board of Directors and their affiliations (or Advisory Board for fiscally sponsored groups)
- Three years of financial data (e.g. audits, IRS Forms 990, etc.)
- One Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) Staff Person
- Current PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations Certificate
- Executive summary of a current strategic plan or logic model if operating less than three years
- In compliance with the Philadelphia Foundation’s non-discrimination-policy
- Not an ineligible organization
Priority will be given to:
- Those able to demonstrate that at least 70% of those they serve or represent are low-income
- Those with operating budgets under $5 million
Special Requirements For Direct Service Grant Program
- No deficit of more than 10% for the past year.
- Operating Budget above $100,000.
- Must complete child abuse clearance and criminal background checks for all staff and volunteers who work with youth.
Grant amounts range between $15,000 and $30,000. Grants to organizations that are national or state-wide will be pro-rated based upon their work in Greater Philadelphia.
How To Apply For US Direct Service Grant Program
To be considered for a grant in April 2022, applications should be received by February 28.