How To Prevent Fraudsters From Getting Access To Your Bank Account Through Your Sim Card. On this insightful and informative article, GbExtra will be sharing a unique way to secure your bank accounts from been accessed by Sim Swap/fraudster through your sim cards.
The need to protect SIM Card is very important since the one fraudster exposed the new strategy of how scammers steal money from peoples account using their phone
SIM Transaction Theft: this article will guide you on How to protect your SIM card from scammers that can transfer money from your bank account
Important Notice : IF YOU DO MOBILE BANKING from your phone, there is need to put a PIN on your SIM, otherwise your account can be wiped clean anytime you lose your phone or your phone is stolen. The process to do it is very simple but if ignored can cost your all Your life savings.
For those who don’t know about it yet, just follow this simple steps to protect hacking of Your bank account through SIM THEFT Or SIM swap/Fraud.
- Go to SETTINGS in Your phone.
- Go to SECURITY & LOCATION under SETTINGS
- Goto your SIM CARD lock
- Click on LOCK SIM CARD ( if you are using a multiple Sim phone, select the sim you want to lock. As seen in the illustration photo below, am locking my MTN Sim Card ).
- Enter Your mobile network default SIM CARD PIN.
*For MTN users it is “00000”. *For AIRTEL users it is “1111”.
*For 9mobile users it is “0000”
* For GLO users, it is “0000”.
- After entering the MOBILE NETWORK DEFAULT PIN, under it You will see ”CHANGE SIM PIN”, click on it to change to Your unique 4 digit pin for the other networks and 5 digits for MTN.
- Confirm Your unique 4 digit pin and 5 digits for MTN users, by entering it again & YOU ARE DONE.
So anytime You “remove sim from Your phone” You will be prompted to enter Your SIM CARD PIN just as You will be prompted to enter Your phone lock PIN or Draw Your PATTERN each time You “START” (ON) Your phone.
With the ACTIVATION OF SIM LOCK on Your phone, Your money can never be withdrawn from Your bank account through your SIM because Your SIM will be useless in their hands since it is blocked and You will not be under tension to go and block or retrieve Your stolen SIM.
NOTE: Dont use your date of birth or that of your children or any relative that can be easily gotten online. Choose unique numbers you can easily remember.
There is a confession video of a fraudster arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC ) for Sim related fraud, on which he confessed they use the date of birth of their victims alot of the times to hack into their bank account and ATM as it is mostly used by individuals.