Common Mistakes People Make In Ramadan. Ramadan, also spelled Ramazan, Ramzan, Ramadhan or Ramathan, is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, observed by Muslims worldwide as a month of fasting, prayer, reflection and community.
During the entire month of Ramadan, Muslims are obligated to fast, every day from dawn to sunset. Fasting requires the abstinence from food and drink. Fasting the month of Ramadān was made obligatory during the month of Sha‘bān, in the second year after the Muslims migrated from Makkah to Madīnah.
People make alot of mistakes during the month of Ramadan. So we decided to compile 10 common mistakes people make during Ramadan.
Here are the Common Mistakes People Make In Ramadan below:
1. NOT FASTING ON THE DAY OF FASTING: This is normally happens if one finds out late that Ramadan has started. According to the Islamic scholars one should stop eating and fast for the day but has make up for that day after Ramadan.
2. FORGETTING THE INTENTION OF FASTING: This should be made every single day of Ramadan before the appearance of fajr without voicing it out. Shaykh al – Islam Ibn – Taymiyah said “whoever thinks in his heart that he will fast tomorrow has formed the intention.”
3. SLEEPING ALL DAY: Some people often wastes their time sleeping for the whole day doing nothing.
4. NOT OBSERVING SOLAH AT THE RIGHT TIME: People normally delay observing their solat at the right time in the month of Ramadan due to some excuses which are not genuine. This act is not good and it should be avoided.
5. EATING A LOT OF FOOD: This normally happens when breaking the fast which prevents such people from praying Tarawih prayer.
6. EXHIBITION OF BAD BEHAVIOR: Ramadan is not just refraining from food; it has to do with one’s behavior, controlling one’s temper and badmouthing. If someone abuses the fasting person or curses him, he should say ” I am fasting, and guard his tongue ”
7. DELAYING THE IFTAR: As long as one is absolutely sure about the setting of the sun, he must not delay breaking his fast as a delayed breaking of fast is the practice of Jews and Christians.
8. EATING SUHUR MUCH EARLIER: It is wrong to eat suhur during midnight like 2:30am and 3:30am. This is not good at all. suhur should be taken in the time closer to the time of fajr.(between past 4am – to 5am).
9. INTIMACY: Believing sleeping with one’s spouse during the month of Ramadan is forbidden. It’s only forbidden during the day but permissible between Maghrib and Fajr.
10. BREAKING THE FAST WITHOUT SAYING DUA: Most people forget to make dua when breaking thier fast. This is not good at all.
We should try to take note of the mentioned mistakes. May Allah accept it as an act of worship from us. Ameen. Salam halaikum warohmotulah wabarokatuh.